Friday, February 1, 2008

"The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" Cake


Last week, we got the chance to create a sculptured cake based on one of my all-time-favorite movies: "Monty Python & the Holy Grail". The client's daughter was turning 17, and happened to be a huge Python fan (a girl of good taste... no doubt!)

Her mother was tickled by my enthusiasm during our phone conversation -- I even quoted dialogue from the movie to prove my knowledge of it, and my excitement over the theme(... and that I'm a complete movie NERD). It was a once in a lifetime cake to do -- I mean really... how often do we get a call for "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" at our cake shop?!

It came together, and looked awesome -- I was really proud of it. The girl's mother was thrilled, and even gave me a hug in our shop's parking lot (my first customer hug). Awe...

"It's just a flesh wound"
~ Dev

No comments: